- BBC – Science & Nature – Robots – Techlab
Flash games and building tutorials for making robots. Quite nice.
Tags: robots science bbc computer design games control curriculum
- BBC NEWS | In Depth | Artificial intelligence | Timeline: Real robots
Just doing some research before next term’s robotics course.
Tags: robots curriculum teaching
- Next Generation Learning Charter
From January 2009, Becta is offering all English schools the opportunity to make a public commitment to providing better learning opportunities through the effective use of technology.
Tags: school BECTA ict
- YouTube – John Cleese about the importance of creativity
worth a look
Tags: creativity JohnCleese
- Versus CluClu Land: How it is that Games Teach you Things
my holiday was spent with games on the opposite ends of the spectrum: World of Goo’s patient instruction versus Shiren’s school of hard knocks. And despite their different approaches I felt that each, in their own way, did credit to the core competence of games as a medium: inspiring the pleasure of finding things out.
Tags: games learning curiosity via:infovore
- Kodu – Microsoft Research
“Kodu is a new visual programming language made specifically for creating games. It is designed to be accessible for children and enjoyable for anyone. The programming environment runs on the Xbox”
Tags: games software children microsoft ict xbox programming
- Text 2 Mind Map ? The text-to-mind-map converter
This is great – it takes a structured list of words or sentences, interprets it, and draws a mind map out of them. V handy for classes.
Tags: tools visualization free online mindmap